From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix Beta
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:15:23 GMT
Stephen,

> The principal issue I have concerning Phoenix escalation to beta
> concerns (a) the XML schema used to describe blocks, and (b) the
> specification of how blocks are declared.  Currently the Phoenix
> platform uses <blockinfo/> and the existence of blocks is derived from
> the assembly/configuration info.  In the past, block existence was
> declared in the manifest files containing the block implementation -
> however this does not seem to be the case anymore.

We generate them now, but ony for the Apache hosted phoenix blocks.
 Users of Phoenix can still hand craft the xinfo files if they want to.

> I believe Pete is also in the process of adding support for the
> containerkit schema.

Can we agree a list of things that must go in this beta versus the next
beta? versus a post release minor increment.  It is *really* important
to my company that a FCS Phoenix appears RSN.

> [..]

- Paul