From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMX Integration
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:33:51 GMT
On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 08:07, Huw Roberts wrote:
> Everything is ok until we get down to the management of individual jobs
> - the rest can be already be done.  So the problem here is how is to
> allow blocks to register additional objects for management 'beneath' them.

yep.

> Basically, the way I see this working is to have the BlockContext makes
> it Management Context (an implementation of the SystemManager interface)
> available to Block, and then use that to create a Jobs subcontext:
>
> SystemManager blockMgmtContext = blockContext.getManagementContext()
> SystemManager jobMgmtContext = blockMgmtContext.getSubContext( "Blocks",
> "Jobs" );

Rather than this I think I may prefer something simpler - at least initially.
Something like

BlockContext.register( String topic, String name, Object object )
BlockContext.unregister( String topic, String name )

Job jobOne = ... get the job somehow
ctx.register( "jobs", jobOne.getName(), jobOne );
ctx.unregister( "jobs", jobOne.getName() );

The reason for this is that then we don't have to expose SystemManager to
clients and thus we are free to evolve it as we see fit. However it exposes
all the information needed to manage object.

Like?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald