From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shutting down phoenix
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:22:44 GMT
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:27, Jim Alateras wrote:
> Is there also a way to stop phoenix programmatically? Could i retrieve a
> reference to the Embeddor, from  the ComponentManager, and call shutdown.

Well you *can* locate MBeanServer (either via RMI or programatically), then
locate the embeddor and request its shutdown. However that is potentially
ugly code and brittle to boot (especially with JMX namespaces not fixed just
yet).

However give me an hour or so and I will add a method

BlockContext.requestShutdown()

This will allow the Block to request the shutdown of its own application. The
application will then shutdown. If there are 0 applications left in kernel
and the "persitent" flag has not been set this will cause the kernel to
shutdown. That work for you?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald