From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClassLoaders
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:18:07 GMT
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:46, Steve Short wrote:
> Can anyone give me a quick summary of how Phoenix sets up and uses
> ClassLoaders for itself and for it's applications.  Including
> application ClassLoaders and system extension ClassLoaders.
>
> I am trying to get James working under Jboss and the problem I have is
> that Phoenix cannot find AbstractLogEnabled when it starts loading the
> James SAR file.

The basic classloader structure is as follows

system <--- application
       <--- kernel

The system one includes all the jars in the $PHOENIX_HOME/lib directory and we
achieve this via overiding the java.ext.path.

The kernel one includes everything in $PHOENIX_HOME/bin/lib

The application one includes all the jars in your .sar file. If any of your
jars declare dependencies on an extension library, then phoenix will look for
jar providing extension from

$PHOENIX_HOME/ext

and add it into the application classloader.

That help?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer