From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: configurable installer patch
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:16:15 GMT
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:11, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> Actually, I have another idea that is related to this configurable
> install stuff. Currently, Embedder is responsible for scanning apps/ dir
> and/or command line for applications to be deployed. Why do not we
> introduce a separate deployment scanner (the term borrowed from jboss)?
> It seems to fit nicely into your "Separation of Concerns" concept and
> provides some extra flexibility.

Great idea. Something we have been planning to do for ages. We even have a
coponent in excalibur (jakarta-avalon-excalibur/monitor) that we planned to
do it with. We never got around to actually doing it though. I would love to
see it done though.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer