From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PR9270
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:48:11 GMT
On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:32, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >You have stated that Merlin can read the CK DTD so there should be no
> > problem about interoperability. Any component that wants to interoperate
> > will use the CK DTD.
>
> Only as a subset.
> Promoting containerkit DTD means that your obliging ever other container
> to handle the special case of the blockinfo DTD and the containerkit DTD
> while Phoenix conviniently ignores the Type DTD.  Would it not be more
> efficient if we all used the same DTD?

It would be more efficient but it is unlikely to happen while you want to
support stages/extensions. Removing them will basically end up with CK DTD.
Thus I don't really see any issue with using the CK DTD. The components which
need to be interoperable will use it, those that don't - wont.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald