From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PR9270
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:22:37 GMT
On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:08, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >It hasn't seen enough testing. Post release I will integrate the
> > containerkit config in as default and deprecate the old format. It will
> > then be possible to experiment with addition of things like that.
>
> How about integrating the Type DTD instread of containekit.  This will
> ensure smoother integration between Fortress, Merlin and Phoenix.  Are
> there really and issues with the Type DTD ?

Yep. The bits that differ from CK DTD (stage and extension definitions) are
untested in real world application and bind to container specific
assumptions. These assumptions are things I happen to disagree with and have
been tried before without success. Some of the things you are supporting have
actually been in phoenix before and after the mess they made I doubt anyone
would want to go back to that.

You have stated that Merlin can read the CK DTD so there should be no problem
about interoperability. Any component that wants to interoperate will use the
CK DTD.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald