From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MBean suffixed classes
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:43:18 GMT
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:35, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Huw, Peter, Folks,
>
> I have to say I dislike the MBean suffix for JMX enabled beans.  In fact
> it is my principle objection to JMX (yes I know it is anal).

JMX does not require it - its just convention. What do you object to exactly -
a separate interface or just the suffix. You can quite easily name the
interface anything you want and phoenix will handle it gracefully.

If it is the interface itselfyou don't like then it would seem I am the only
one that likes em ;)

> Would it be possible to generate them?

yep. I believe many projects do.

--