From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is the preferred method of managing connections?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:34:05 GMT
On Monday 05 August 2002 11:12 pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> We currently have a ChannelManager, a ConnectionManager, and
> a SocketManager.  How do these work together.

ChannelManager is for the NIO stuff in 1.4 (thats all I know on it. Kurt, the
donator, said he was gonna send over some more but I haven't seen anything..)

SocketManager just supports the creation of sockets. You can give it a type
(plain/ssl), and then a port and IP and it will create a Socket/ServerSocket
for you.

ConnectionManager is used for ServerSocket's. You give it a ServerSocket and a
ConnectionHandlerFactory, and whenever a connection is made it passes the new
socket to the class that the ConnectionHandlerFactory creates.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org