From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New DefaultKernel parameter
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 14:47:07 GMT
On Saturday 03 August 2002 07:43 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
> Perhaps an idea we can kick about is adding a section like the following
> into the SAR-INF/environment.xml file.
>
> <install>
>   <start-on-install>false</start-on-install>
>   <!--
>     Insert other funky commands that only happen
>     on install.
>    -->
> </install>
>
> Then this section would be used only when you install app.

Good solution. We could also control SAR expansion from there too.

> > That way any errors could be detected before the app is started.
> > Unfortunately this does not mesh will with how Phoenix loads an app
> > currently, as it only attempt to retrieve configuration information if a
> > block implements Configurable. Perhaps we could augment the .xinfo
> > document to include whether or not a block has config?
>
> We could do that - or maybe just indicate which blocks have schemas to
> validate against. Not sure - I will have to have a look at the code again
> ;)

A block with a schema is already known, the BlockDescriptor has a m_schemaType
which is non-null for blocks with a schema.

I'll see about implementing a combination of the two above ideas..  the
environment block as well as the pre-validation before a startup attempt. It
may be a few days as my at-work time to hack phoenix has come to a close for
now, back to higher-level app-specific stuff.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org