From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MX4J
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 23:37:41 GMT
On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 04:23, Paul Hammant wrote:
> That is kinda my impression too.  Should I make an approach to the MX4J
> team and mention this?  One always risks flaming for this, but I feel we
> should given them a heads up.

Already spoke to the guy. He was on JMX EG so he was going to ask the spec
lead if it can be one of the blessed APIs, I also asked that apache JCP rep
to see if he can get it on blessed list as did the TC people I believe. So it
should be safe using it.

> The ideal world is that they are dependant on the real JMX API and have
> their own impl.

Unfortunately they can not depend upon the "API" because the RI API is buggy.
Unlike some products the JMX API is not just made up of interfaces but is
made up of classes that do stuff (ie ModelMBeans for one).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig