From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject JMX Integration
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:57:48 GMT
I want to know what is easiest for Phoenix to expose as a JMX interface.
The issue is that I have multiple Jobs that I am managing, each of them
needs to have some controls exposed.  Here is what I need to be able
to control for each Job:

Start
Stop
Status

I also need to be able to load new jobs, remove old jobs, etc.

Now, I can do this through a set of directories, and poll the contents
every so often.  However, I would like to have the management interface
ask for a file or a path to the file, and I build the Job from that.

What I have is a flat interface on the JobManager to do all of this,
but I want to know if some of interface can be moved to the Job itself.
If so, I would like to know if I can expose a *proxy* to the job....

Of course, there is much to learn, and with Phoenix I am but a Padawan.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin