From Huw Roberts <...@mmlive.com>
Subject RE: Apps-Demo & JMX Management capability.
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 04:29:59 GMT

I did a clean build of phoenix and the Hello World demo app.  For both
managers i see an entry like this:

Phoenix:application=avalon-demo,block=helloworldserver

It has a single operation setGreeting(), which performs as expected.  Is the
xinfo file being generated correctly - its in
build/xdoclet/org/apache/avalon/apps/demos/helloworldserver.xinfo
and should include the following element:

  <!-- interfaces that may be exported to manange this block -->
  <management-access-points>
    <service
name="org.apache.avalon.apps.demos.helloworldserver.HelloWorldServerMBean"/>
  </management-access-points>

One thing that just occured to me is that you need to a recent
phoenix-client.jar in order for the xinfo to be generated correctly.

I also noticed a couple of other things:
1. if you have both the JMX RI and MX4J jars then the system may not start
up if the factory returns one version, and the kernel.xml is configured for
the other
2. the DefaultManager conflicts with the FTP server block, i think because
both use rmi
3. i didn't comment the HelloWorldServerMBean correctly the first time
around. the attached patch corrects this - its generated relative to the
jakarta-phoenix-apps/demo/src directory.