From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Drop support for JMX RI?
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 05:34:16 GMT
At 12:13 AM 7/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>We can still use JMX?

Yep. MX4j is just another JMX implementation that opensource, faster, nicer
and cleaner. It also seems to be less buggy. It has nicer adaptors
available aswell.

>I need to expose a JMX interface for something--need some pointers
>on how to get started...

Is it in phoenix? If so you add <management-access-points/> element in
blockinfo that exposes interfaces (just like <service/> elements).
Otherwise you need to expose mbeans manullay via something like baxter if
you want to auto generate proper mbean structures.

Actually I think we will end up moving Huws stuff back into baxter so that
we can describe MBeans using xml descriptors.

Anyways I will try to add some examples into baxter soon if you want?

>   But I want to make sure it isn't going
>away.

Actually if anything we are doing more JMX stuff over next bit. Huw is
working on using ModelMBeans throughout phoenix which will be good. Peters
working on a GUI. So it not going away anytime soon.