From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrapper capable release versions.
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:59:48 GMT
At 12:43 PM 7/12/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>   I was trying to think of how we could make it easier for other projects
> to build Phoenix applications
>which included the Wrapper by default.   The Wrapper is not 100% Java, so
>it would require platform
>specific distributions.

One thing I would like to do in the future is to create a java
launcher/monitor in wrapper. ie Rather than a native process launching and
monitoring phoenix we could have a java app launching and monitoring
another java app. By doing this we could make wrapper a required part of
phoenix and thus everyone gets the features it provides.

At least thats in the future ;)

>    What are your thoughts about modifying the build to produce platform
> specific distributions,
>enabling users to get their hands on a Wrapper enabled full release of
>Phoenix without having to
>do any builds themselves.

That would be great.

Cheers,