From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sevak and the tools.jar file
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 04:18:45 GMT
At 12:59 PM 7/12/2002 +0900, you wrote:
I like that better.  So lib/ would be for the build, lib/common/ would be
for the dist/lib directory
>and lib/ext/ would go into dist/ext/ ?

yep

>Looking at what is there now, I would move the files like this?
>
>lib/common/avalon-framework*.jar
>lib/common/excalibur*.jar
>lib/common/logkit-1.1a.jar
>lib/common/phoenix-client.jar
>lib/common/xalan-2.3.1.jar
>lib/common/xerces-2.0.1.jar
>lib/common/xml-apis.jar
>lib/ext/tools.jar  (not checked in)
>
>Looking at all of this.  It looks like all of the files in lib are current
>copied into the dist directory.

Quite possibly. Though I think there is a bunch of other files I usually
have in there (JMX ones come to mind). But all of those could be moved.

>The xdoclet jars are already in a sub directory: lib/xdoclet/
>
>Should they be moved into lib/ in the new structure?

XDoclet jars are fairly volatile and I would like to kepe them separate and
isolated - at least until there are some stable releases from them. After
that we can move them back into lib/