From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject MX4J Stylesheets repository
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:06:11 GMT
Hello all,

one good thing about MX4J is that its output is modifiable via XSLT
stylesheets. For example, we'd like to create a new tab "Statistics" for
our sar-applications, where we show some graphs and numbers.

Now, the problem currently is that the stylesheets are packed into the
mx4j-tools.jar under mx4j/adaptor/http/xsl/*

Every time we want to modify one of the stylesheets, we have to unjar
the file, make our changes, jar it and restart Phoenix. This is
time-consuming and interrupts a service. Plus, whenever we update MX4J
to a new version, we have to manually merge our changes into the new JAR.

To solve these problems MX4J has a feature to specify a directory as
stylesheet repository and one can set a caching-parameter to false, so
that stylesheets are checked for changes and reloaded as necessary. Example:

ObjectName processorName = new ObjectName("Server:name=XSLTProcessor");
server.createMBean("mx4j.adaptor.http.XSLTProcessor", processorName, null);

// set it to use a dir
server.setAttribute(processorName, new Attribute("File",
"/my/stylesheet/repository"));

// set not to use cache
server.setAttribute(processorName, new Attribute("UseCache",
Boolean.FALSE));

Would it be possible to enable these features in Phoenix?

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring