From Steve Osselton <st...@prismtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: [Re: Architectural Question]
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:07:34 GMT
In the CORBA world I think the Externalisation service is essentially 'dead'
in that the spec. had some flaws and was never actually implemented by anyone.
The PSS is effectively the CORBA equivalent of JDO in that you end up with
generated persistent classes that the underlying infrastructure persists.

However the majority of CORBA persistence is generally implemented in an ad
hoc manner as the Portable Object Adapter (POA) specification provides
activation hooks that allow the easy integration of any back end persistence
mechanism (typically serialization or JDBC in the Java world).

Cheers Steve.