From Steve Osselton <st...@prismtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: [Re: Architectural Question]
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:31:05 GMT
Hi SJ,

What we actually want to support are persistent CORBA services, which maintain
state between server activation/shutdown. This state is typically stored in an
RDBMS and where enabled, we support automatic table creation the first time a
server is started and table cleanup when a service is deleted. Typically
persistent initialization/destruction is controlled at the application level
rather than by a generic container, i.e. the user decides when he wants to
create a new persistent instance and when he wants to destroy it.

Cheers Steve.