From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Sevak and the tools.jar file
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:59:30 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

> At 10:48 AM 7/12/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>
>> It seems like there could be other jars that might need to be added
>> as well.  Is there any
>> reason why we should not copy all jars in the lib directory into
>> Phoenix's dist?
>

> Thats a good idea. The only problem is that some of them are not
> needed and should not go into dist/lib (ie xdoclet jars spring to
> mind). Maybe another idea would be to create the following directories
>
> lib/common
> lib/ext
>
> And then copy all of lib/common into dist/lib and all of lib/ext into
> dist/ext.
>
> Thoughts?

I like that better.  So lib/ would be for the build, lib/common/ would
be for the dist/lib directory
and lib/ext/ would go into dist/ext/ ?

Looking at what is there now, I would move the files like this?

lib/common/avalon-framework*.jar
lib/common/excalibur*.jar
lib/common/logkit-1.1a.jar
lib/common/phoenix-client.jar
lib/common/xalan-2.3.1.jar
lib/common/xerces-2.0.1.jar
lib/common/xml-apis.jar
lib/ext/tools.jar  (not checked in)

Looking at all of this.  It looks like all of the files in lib are
current copied into the dist directory.
The xdoclet jars are already in a sub directory: lib/xdoclet/

Should they be moved into lib/ in the new structure?

Cheers,
Leif