From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Management Targets, Topics and XML Generation of Management Info
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:01:57 GMT
I just had a look and I like!

I wont be able to apply it till friday but will do it then. A few things after
briefly looking at the code. You generate descriptors with

<!DOCTYPE mxinfo PUBLIC "-//PHOENIX/Block Info DTD Version 1.0//EN"
                  "http://jakarta.apache.org/phoenix/blockinfo_1_0.dtd">

at the top which uses the block info DTD. However I am not sure that will
validate the management info class ;) So it would be best to write a new DTD
that defines mxinfo format or else to remove the DOCTYPE declaration.

Also there is a few places in the code where you directly log messages. I
would prefer that the messgaes be stored in a Resources.properties file and
loaded via ResourceManager or whatever.

BTW would it be possible for you send a mxinfo example. Could you also
describe the purpose of the proxy class as I am not 100% about it at this
stage!

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald