From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Alpha, Beta-Feature-Complete or just another nightly.
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:01:46 GMT
On Friday 19 July 2002 02:32 am, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:56, Paul Hammant wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Are we ready for the beta release?
>
> Probably not - still in middle of Peters work re configuration.

Yup.

There are two more features I would like to add before we go beta:

 * JMX enabling the ConfigurationValidator and
FileSystemPersistentConfigurationRepository

 * Allow a hosted application to be "installed" but not "running"

My goal? To be able to copy a SAR into apps/ that has incomplete configuration
information. Phoenix starts it up, validates the config to see that it is
incomplete, and leaves the app "installed" but not "running".

Then via JMX (and eventually the mgmt console, which imho is orthogonal enough
to be worked on while the core is in beta) one can fill in the missing
config, to be stored in the FileSystemPersistentConfigurationRepository,
validate what they have done, and then bring the app into a running state.

I hope to have this done early next week, so a beta would not be far off :)
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org