From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MergedConfiguration
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:04:08 GMT
On Thursday 18 July 2002 07:58 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
> Would you be able to look at implementing merging via a different
> mechanism. The way you have done it is to have each node do a merge on
> access. This is painful to debug in my experience and I would prefer to
> separate out different features into different layers. Would it be possible
> to add in
>
> DefaultConfiguration config = ConfigMerger.merge( arent, supplied );
>
> That way we could debug merging and usage at separate times and makes it
> much easier to use.
>
> Like?

Sure!

I contemplated that as I was reading the prior threads on
CascadingConfiguration. The only reason I didn't do so was that I started
modifying the CascadingConfiguration and went from there.

I was going to implement the key-attribute bits tommorow to support merging
children with the same getName(), so I'll make the changes then.

Also need to read up on JMX... thankfully there are free book chapters @
theserverside.com :)
-pete

--