avalon-phoenix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 10498] New: - ClassNoFoundExceptions lost
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:47:52 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10498>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10498

ClassNoFoundExceptions lost

           Summary: ClassNoFoundExceptions lost
           Product: Avalon
           Version: pre-beta
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: Other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Normal
          Priority: Other
         Component: Phoenix
        AssignedTo: avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org
        ReportedBy: jeff@socialchange.net.au


Hi,

(First real project I've done with phoenix.. it's very cool:)

Due to a stuffup in my build.xml, I ended up generating jars that lacked the
block's class, but did contain the block .xinfo file. The error message I got was:

There was an uncaught exception:
---------------------------------------------------------
--- Message ---
Unable to load class "net.socialchange.antserver.AntServerImpl" for Block named
"antserver". (Reason: net.socialchange.antserver.AntServerImpl).
--- Stack Trace ---
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.DeploymentException: Unable to load class
"net.socialchange.antserver.AntServerImpl" for Block named "antserver". (Reason:
net.socialchange.antserver.AntServerImpl).
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(DefaultDeployer.java:323)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:494)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:487)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFiles(DefaultEmbeddor.java:472)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployDefaultApplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:462)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.execute(DefaultEmbeddor.java:223)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.run(CLIMain.java:157)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:143)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:101)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:91)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:44)


The problem is that that 'reason' given, it pretty useless. The real exception,
which I got by hacking Phoenix, is lost in the depths of Phoenix:


java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.socialchange.antserver.AntServerImpl
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)


I may get a chance to help fix this, but I thought I'd do a bugreport anyway.


--Jeff

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:avalon-phoenix-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:avalon-phoenix-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message