From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@mail.lt>
Subject Re: [Re: Architectural Question]
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:11:23 GMT
Hi,
I am not CORBA expert, but as I remember it has some standard way for
persistence. Is it about some standard CORBA persistence service ?
It some untested code in commons-sanbox/simplestore with Phoenix
support, but it designed to be transactional and I do not know any
"TransactionManager" implementation for Phoenix at this time.

> Hi SJ,
>
> What we actually want to support are persistent CORBA services, which
maintain
> state between server activation/shutdown. This state is typically stored
in an
> RDBMS and where enabled, we support automatic table creation the first
time a
> server is started and table cleanup when a service is deleted. Typically
> persistent initialization/destruction is controlled at the application
level
> rather than by a generic container, i.e. the user decides when he wants to
> create a new persistent instance and when he wants to destroy it.
>
> Cheers Steve.
>
> Shekhar Jha wrote:
> > May be I am totally out of the way, but is the creation and  destruction
in
> > your case connected to universal caching. If yes then probably Cache
must be
> > used instead of the creation/destruction or may be some other storage
> > component.
> > Just a wild guess:)
> > SJ
> >
> > Steve Osselton <steve@prismtechnologies.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Peter,
> >>
> >>I agree that Initializable are Disposable are currently the places where
> >
> > this
> >
> >>functionality can be bolted in. However I think that conceptually these
are

> > different
> >
> >>to persistent creation/destruction. I was reading the developers guide
which

> > seemed
> >
> >>very big on the separation of concerns which is why I though a new
activity
> >>interface might be appropriate.
> >>
> >>Currently we are moving to use the framework classes with our own CORBA
> >
> > container.
> >
> >>We are doing this as we are in effect migrating an existing system which
we

> > will
> >
> >>probably complete in a number of stages. I'll have a look at Fortress to
see

> > what
> >
> >>it offers.
> >>
> >>Cheers Steve.

> > said

> > why

> > handle

> > extensible

> > http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/fortress/features.html

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/fortress/src/xdoc
s/lifecycle-extensions.xml?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup