From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Re: Architectural Question]
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:19:09 GMT
> From: Juozas Baliuka [mailto:baliuka@mail.lt]
>
> Hi,
> I am not CORBA expert, but as I remember it has some standard
> way for persistence. Is it about some standard CORBA
> persistence service ? It some untested code in
> commons-sanbox/simplestore with Phoenix support, but it
> designed to be transactional and I do not know any
> "TransactionManager" implementation for Phoenix at this time.

CORBA has a standard for Transactions--which is separate from
persistence.  To my knowledge, there isn't a standard for persistence,
but there is one for dynamic activation.  You could technically
take advantage of the dynamic activation and load the information
at that time.  When the CORBA component is destroyed, it can be
saved to whatever persistence layer.

However, there is nothing like EJBs to my knowledge in the the
CORBA world.