From Huw Roberts <...@mmlive.com>
Subject RE: Making HelloWorldDemo manageable
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:37:15 GMT

This corrects the comment on the new blockinfo.j element.

-----Original Message-----
From: Huw  Roberts
To: 'avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Sent: 6/1/2002 3:11 PM
Subject: Making HelloWorldDemo manageable

I couldn't find an example of an application that exported blocks for
management so I made a couple of changes so that the HelloWorld demo
message can be modified via a management interface.

Here are the changes:

Added the section for <management-access-points> to
jakarta-avalon-phoenix/src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/xdoclet/
blockinfo.j so they are included in the xinfo file

Created a new class called
jakarta-avalon-apps/demo/src/java/org/apache/avalon/apps/demos/helloworl
dserver/HelloWorldServerMBean that exports the setGreeting() method

Modified
apps/demo/src/java/org/apache/avalon/apps/demos/helloworldserver/HelloWo
rldServerImpl to implement the management interface and added the doclet
tag.

I think i will look into doing the same with the FTP Server to see what
a more realistic example might look like.

 <<HelloWorldServerMBean.java>>  <<HelloWorldServerImpl.diff>>
<<blockinfo.diff>>  <<ATT45214.txt>>