From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building blues.
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 05:27:57 GMT
At 10:57 PM 6/28/2002 +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
>I'm not sure what is going wrong but there are multiple problems with
>Phoenix as trying to build from fresh CVS :
>
>1)  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager during
>
>  I have tried to add bsf.jar to the lib/ dir, but it does not fix things.
>  I t is invoked from 'ant dist'

You have to put BSF into ant/lib to get that to work I believe. I assume
this is for creating the release notes/HEADER.html etc ? If so then we
could upgrade to velocity and thus remove this dependency. I don't have the
time just yet but if you want to do it go for it!

>2) (from GUMP)
>
>  getSubTaskName() in SubDoc seems to be overriden in BlockInfoSubTask,
> but is should not be as it is final.  At least according to GUMP it is.

XDoclet is under a somewhat rapid evolution and backwards compatability is
being thrown out every two weeks or so. Luckily they are having a stable
release in about two weeks so we will upgrade then. The basic problem is
that we cant upgrade to latest xdoclet as it uses ant1.5b2 - when ant1.5 is
officially released we can upgrade to latest xdoclet and all will be good.

I played with gump and it should not fail again as I am using the jars in
our own cvs.

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."