From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMX registration of embeddor's component.
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:03:43 GMT
At 04:59 PM 6/20/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>I found 'FIXME:All this stuff should be done by embeddor and read out of a
>config file.' in o.a.a.p.c.manager.*Manager.java.
>How about below configuration?
>
>-kernel.conf
>     <embeddor ...>
>
>         <management>

Is this under the <component/> tag for SystemManager? If so then +1

>-ManagementInfo.java
>final class MenagemtnInfo /*extends MetaInfo?*/ {
>  private static final Map c_map = new HashMap();
>  public static final ManagementInfo KERNEL = new
>anagementInfo( Kernel.ROLE, "Kernel", new Class[] { KernelMBean.class } );
>
>  private String m_role;
>  private String m_name;
>  private Class[] m_interfaces;
>
>  public static MenagementInfo getManagementInfoForRole( final String role )
>  {
>      return (ManagementInfo)c_map.get( role );
>}
>
>I think hard coding is better.

I am not sure I understand 100%. The ManagementInfo class has a bunch of
statics that define all the data needed to expose kernel parts as MBeans ?
If so then I like this better aswell. It is also backwards compatible
(doesn't need users to modify kernel.conf.xml if they have a custom version).

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith