From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging (changing log level without restarting)
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:51:01 GMT
Hi,

I don't actually use that so I am not sure I can be much help. There is
extensive documentation in the api docs for exclibur.logger I believe and
Eung-ju has actually made some documentation for it but we never got around
to applying it. Heres a link for basic documentation

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=69405

Hopefully that helps else ask for some more information.

Could someone else (or Eung-ju) apply this patch ? TIA.

At 06:29 PM 6/11/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi
>I am currently using "standard" logging configurations for my Phoenix
>application. I am not well familiar with log4j and logs 1.1. but I have to
>implement "daily rotating" of log files and possibility to change log levels
>without restarting Phoenix.
>As I understood I have to use logs 1.1 for daily rotating. Where I can find
>examples and documentation of logs 1.1?
>Is it possible to change log level during run time with logs 1.1? If not,
>where I can read find examples of how to utilize log4j wrapper for Avalon
>logkit used in Phoenix?
>
>Best regards,
>Andrei
>

>--