From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: block version usage
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:39:59 GMT
At 12:58 AM 6/13/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Where I can find example of how to use correctly version of Phoenix block
>and version attribute of service.
>Suppose I have two blocks of different versions and some services which have
>different versions but same contract. How I can manipulate  those in Phoenix
>xinfo / assembly?

The version of the service is part of its contract. Only change the version
number of service when you cahnge the interface of the service. So if you
add a new method then you must bump the service version number (and also
version attribute in <service/> in any <dependency/> for blocks that use
service).

Block version is completely unused in kernel at this stage. It is intended
to help assemblers know which version of block/implementation they are uing
when doing assembly.

>Andrei
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail: