From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: management GUI
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:23:14 GMT
Leo, Folks.

>hmm. Phoenix already has pluggable management protocol (the only one atm
>is JMX though). I'm thinking either a client that talks to the
>MBeanServer in phoenix, or one that talks to a different kind of server
>(maybe SOAP or something BSH-like).

I'd like to pick up there ..... I've uploaded at alternate (extending)
kernel that mounts beanshell and pops its console GUI.  It is going to
allow me to concentrate on a _pure_ Java API that facilitates the
management of phoenix and hosted apps.  Beanshell will easily allow a
remote console for management for that API.

Now I mention _pure_ because I'd like us to all look past these
HTTP/servlet ; Eclipse ; NetBeans ;  JMX solutions for the moment.  Why?
 Because the model is more important, not the impl or a snazzy
transport.  I for one would like to enable Jesktop ( a Phoenix using
server app ) to allow interaction with kernel.

We, of all groups, should me less interested in form over function.....
Whatever we evolve by way of API should be usable in any and all cool
presentation mechanism, but not tied to them.

Regards,

- Paul