From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: management GUI
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:33:09 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> hmm. Phoenix already has pluggable management protocol (the only one atm
> is JMX though). I'm thinking either a client that talks to the
> MBeanServer in phoenix, or one that talks to a different kind of server
> (maybe SOAP or something BSH-like).

How about making the initial request via HTTP over the HTTPConnector of
MX4J and then have the server deploy a custom client via Java Webstart?
That way you could have a real GUI client that is even bookmarkable :)

If I understand JMX and MX4J correctly, there is no need for yet another
communication protocol. Your GUI could make a HTTP request to a certain
URL (see MX4J API for this) and get back a real XML document. This
procedure already works today and what more could you want?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung