From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: management GUI
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:38:44 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:
> > It looks like Eclipse has a tougher learning curve - for starters they
> > ditch AWT and Swing. Then again, the docs are in a somewhat better state
> > so that might offset it all a bit.
>
> I have this Avalon Gui-App framework lying in CVS.

Where?

> My dream is that it could be used to make an Avalon GUI for Avalon ;-)
> But then, just dreaming...

I don't know why we would need an Avalon GUI. A web interface is (for
me) more than enough to manage a server platform. It's not as if
managing Avalon is what I'm doing all day long. However, a GUI app
framework would be interesting - running GUI apps under Avalon might be
useful.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring