From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: How to add new blocks (jars) to existing phoenix application (sar)
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:14:43 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> Andrei Ivanov wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> suppose I have Phoenix application in sar file. Suppose someone else
>>> can
>>> write new block for my application (and add it by modifying
>>> assembly.xml and
>>> config.xml)
>>> The question is: how this new block (extra jar) can be included into
>>> existing application (if not in sar, where new block can be placed
>>> under
>>> SAR-INF or under phoenix-lib, latter imho is not good)?
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>>

>> The new block (preumably packaged as a jar file) would normally be
>> added to the SAR-INF/lib directory and your application redeployed as
>> a new .sar file containing the additional .jar file.
>

> Which is not really plug 'n pray...
>
> If I want to augment the running .sar without messing with it?
> IE: any proposals?

Ohh ... hot blocks!
Not available in the current Phoenix version - but very desirable.
Someone was talking/working on that recently - could be a good idea to
check the Phoenix mail archive.  I can't remember who it was but I'm
sure it was sometime in the last 4-6 weeks.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL