From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apps Site upgrade and downloads available
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 18:48:37 GMT
Folks,

News on pre-release Apps for Phoenix............

I've uploaded jakarta-avalon-apps/ source and binaries to my site at
Apache http://cvs.apache.org/~hammant/apps/

Though the CVS versions use xdoclet to generate.xnfo etc, these
downloadables use a pre-generated zip of those and the manifests to save
bytes.

I have also updated the site for http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/apps/
but am not sure if it completed properly.  It certainly has not been
copied from CVS yet.  The principle reason for my confusion is that the
process of committing the changes killed my yahoo account ("you are not
allowed to send mails in excess of 400K").  The account was disabled for
a while, but is OK now.  My other problem is that my ADSL provider
disabled my account a week early.  I was planning to upgrade to another
with a faster and cheaper connection. I can now expect two weeks of
'slow' time as I use v.90.  Good old British Telecom and Homechoice
(not).  The point is that I am not going to be so active in this
relatively disconnected time and I have had a least a day of missed
mail-list mail.  If there are any I have missed that scream 'Paul' could
someone give me a heads-up.

Regards,

- Paul H