From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mulitple components of same ROLE
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 06:27:56 GMT
Richard,

>That was something I had considered.  The thing about that solution is
>that it is impossible to have two components that have the same ROLE.
>For instance, someone (not necessarily me, I'm just trying to think
>ahead) might want to have two instances of a JNDIRealm that make use of
>two different directories to do the validation.  I think what I was
>hoping for was a lookupAll() method or something similar in concept.

-> Object[] lookupAll(String role) throws ServiceException;

Interesting.  The assembly.xml consequences would be too.  Currently
Phoenix barfs when it finds multiple provision of roles.

Expanding my previous suggestion for a delegate to solve your
think-ahead scenario, I think that coder would have to write their own
delegate to enable 'merged JNDI realm' functionality.  There comes a
time when an assembler says 'I can't do this' an commissions some dev
work for a block for niche cases like this.

Thoughts?

- Paul