From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject LifeCycleHelper
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:24:57 GMT
Peter,

I'm trying to upgrade the Cornerstone connection package
(AbstractHandlerFactory & AbstractService) to be Serviceable as well as
Composable.  Well actually I'm trying to upgrade JAMES to use
Serviceable instead of Composable.  I felt I cannot ripple that
changeover into Cornerstone without knockon effects for other
Cornerstone using applications.  So I am trying to make them dual mode.

In LifecycleHelper (Phoenix) there is the following block of code...

            if( object instanceof Composable )
            {
                 ..
            }
            else if( object instanceof Serviceable )

.. meaning a thing cannot be both.

Could you offer some advice here ...?

Cheers,

- Paul