From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Validation
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 01:37:08 GMT
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:19, Peter Royal wrote:
> I'm currently writing some schemas so I have something to test, and I
> thought of something: We can't be sure of what the root element will be!
>
> Thus, I am thinking of re-writing Configuration's before validating, to
> have a well-known root element (otherwise it will be the configured block
> name, which is out of the control of the block author).

sounds good to me.

> The other issue I am running into is that it is a PAIN to write XML inside
> of a javadoc. Thus I am thinking of using a src attribute to specify where
> in to load the schema from (classloader resources only, probably
> BlockName.<schema ext>, so BlockName.xsd, BLockName.rng,
> BlockName.schematron, etc). -pete

works for me. Or Maybe even "Blockame-schema.[xsd|rng|...]" just to avoid
collisions with other stuff Stephen is working on - then again it may not be
that important, not sure.

Alternatively you could import the schema via xdoclet. ie Have schema sit
side-by-side block java file and during XDoclet process it gets merged into
BlockInfo descriptor. Then again thats a bit ugly and painful todoso maybe
separate file is best.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald