From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Validation
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 01:51:12 GMT
On Sunday 30 June 2002 09:37 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
> works for me. Or Maybe even "Blockame-schema.[xsd|rng|...]" just to avoid
> collisions with other stuff Stephen is working on - then again it may not
> be that important, not sure.

I'll do that. The question is the extension. I'm wavering between having a
hardcoded list of schema-types to extension vs having the extension included
in the blockinfo.

> Alternatively you could import the schema via xdoclet. ie Have schema sit
> side-by-side block java file and during XDoclet process it gets merged into
> BlockInfo descriptor. Then again thats a bit ugly and painful todoso maybe
> separate file is best.

I've been sitting here pondering that, and I think thats a bad idea. The
individual schema validators will need the schema as an XML input, and the
conversion from embedded in the blockinfo (xml) -> configuration object ->
xml seems like it could be superfluous and potentially error prone. (or at
least confusing, if you have an invalid schema error messages from the
validator could be difficult to interpret).
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org