From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Validation
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 01:19:33 GMT
On Friday 28 June 2002 01:31 am, Peter Royal wrote:
> I just put hooks into Phoenix for configuration validation. I want to make
> sure I've hooked into the right places before implementing. (If there are
> no complaints by tommorow eve it should happen then).

Okay so I'm a bit slow :)

I'm currently writing some schemas so I have something to test, and I thought
of something: We can't be sure of what the root element will be!

Thus, I am thinking of re-writing Configuration's before validating, to have a
well-known root element (otherwise it will be the configured block name,
which is out of the control of the block author).

The other issue I am running into is that it is a PAIN to write XML inside of
a javadoc. Thus I am thinking of using a src attribute to specify where in to
load the schema from (classloader resources only, probably BlockName.<schema
ext>, so BlockName.xsd, BLockName.rng, BlockName.schematron, etc).
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org