From "Stepanossov, Kirill" <kstep...@lehman.com>
Subject DefaultEmbeddor
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:00:18 GMT
I am using Phoenix interfaces in my project. One issue I found was that top
container - DefaultEmbeddor was tightly coupled with Phoenix. I mean that I
could not find the way to reuse DefaultEmbeddor and I needed to write a new
Embeddor for my own purposes. For example, in my case default applications
are available through network, main loop is handled differently, etc.
So, I am coming here with suggestion to look at the code I attached. I
refactored DefaultEmbeddor into AbstractEmbeddor and DefaultEmbeddor and put
all *not* Phoenix specific code like starting, configuring components, etc.
into AbstractEmbeddor. The procedure of default deployment is being
delegated to DefaultEmbeddor as well as the main loop. So, I would be able
to just extend AbstractEmbeddor ;)
I tested Phoenix with demo app with this change.
Thanks
-Kirill

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.