From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website updated
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:37:15 GMT
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > I just committed an cocoon2anakia.xsl sheet. I want to update the
> > cornerstone stuff to use anakia. Cocoon is beyond me atm and anakia
> > works and takes like 10 seconds ;)
> >
> > Actually I may add a simple ant script to help converting aswell. Run it
> > like
> > ant -f jakarta-avalon/tools/convert.xml
> > /opt/projects/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/bzip2/src/xdocs update
> >
> > Note I haven't really fully tested it ;)
> >
> > You will also have to update the book.xml to anakias project.xml and
> > maybe play around with some of docs to get URL resolution happening
> > properly.
>
> Just a reminder: I haven't forgotten my job of getting builds and
> doc generation uptodate for the Avalon projects, I'm still working on it.
>
> The Avalon framework doc generation is a first step, next is upgrade to
> Centipede build of Framework.
>
> I'm just curious: why does Phoenix have its own site skin?
> Why is it a problem if Cocoon is slower than Anakia? Haven't you heard
> of XML validating editors? :-P

'cause pete got sick of working with cocoon, basically. Can't really
blame him.

If you have an XP style of programming, and you run Ant about every 20
mins, it is really annoying if it also takes 20 mins for the ant run to
complete. While you could disable docs; it'd be so much nicer if just
all ran quickly =)

- Leo, broke his head today on figuring out why he gets a ZipException
when running cocoon over a clean cornerstone checkout