From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Virtual Filesystem and Remote SAR deployment
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 21:30:10 GMT
> What I meant by remote SAR deployment was simply the appility to have
> phoenix download a SAR file from a remote location and running it. In
> essence I was going to make the deployer support other URL's than "file://"
> and be able to have different Policies depending on wether the SAR is in the
> apps dir or downloaded from a http server.

that'd be cool. If this turns out to be a lot of code / complexity it'd
be better to create a new deployer implementation than modify the
current default deployer.

> After having looked around in the code I think that the best way to do would
> be to implement it is using the VFS code that is in Myrmidon.

we think so too. The guy behind that is also the guy behind a lot of
phoenix, as you probably know =)

Pete, you working on this right now?

I'd say "yes, please!" to it, basically. Peter (of the Donald variant)
is the guy for pointers, if you need 'em...probably best to modify the
bugzilla entry so it lists you working on this stuff.

Oh, patches welcome in bugzilla or alternatively directly to this list
=)

cheers,

- Leo