From "Andrei Ivanov" <my...@surfeu.fi>
Subject Re: How to add new blocks (jars) to existing phoenix application (sar)
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:56:28 GMT
Hi and thanks for response.

application redeployed

In this case I have to teach a customer how to build sar... Requires a lot
of documentation...
What are the options of adding new block (in jar) file to already deployed
Phoenix application.
I see the following choices:
1. add it to phoenix/lib - this will not always work
2. look for some location where this jar can be found (e.g. inside SAR-INF
etc).
Other ideas?

> p.s. There is nothing to stop you putting in place a block that does
> active loading of pluggable components.

Can not say anything before I've tried this, but as I see it, this way new
components will not be phoenix blocks any more and it will not be possible
to manage them via assembly.xml and config.xml.

Andrei