From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Problem with newest Phoenix from cvs
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 10:41:29 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> It was an old version that used to be used prior to rejig of excalibur CVS.
> You probably need to update your cornerstone to latest version.

I checked out the newest Framework, Excalibur and Cornerstone, but now
I'm getting this error on startup:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.excalibur.threadcontext.ThreadContext.setThreadContext(ThreadContext.java:95)

Also, Apache fop only works with an org.apache.log.Logger (which is what
getLogger() from AbstractLoggable returns), so I can't use it with an
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger (which is what getLogger()
from AbstractLogEnabled returns).

So in one of my applications there is no way to update from
AbstractLoggable to AbstractLogEnabled, before fop is updated to use the
latter. So please don't remove AbstractLoggable :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung