From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Status of deploy/undeploy in Phoenix?
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 07:49:07 GMT
I'm sorry, I think this belongs here. I posted it to avalon-apps-dev
first.

Hello folks,

after the nasty classloader bug we found recently, here is a perhaps
similar issue, this time with deploy/undeploy of SAR-applications under
Phoenix. Before I delve into this further, I would like to ask about the
status of this functionality and inquire about usage
patterns/documentation. Maybe we made a mistake. Here's what we did:

1) Our main application class implements Disposable. In the dispose()
method we close all connections (database, message queue, LDAP,
ConnectionHandlers, anything else?).
2) Then, on the management console's agent screen, we click on
"Deployer" and in the following screen enter the name of our
SAR-application and click "undeploy". Our logfiles show that the
dispose() method is called by Phoenix and processed correctly.
3) Then we delete the SAR-INF subdirectory and copy a new .sar file to
Phoenix's apps directory. The only difference between this .sar file and
the previous one is that in the initialize() method of our application
we changed a log message.
4) On the management console we enter the application's name and the
location of the .sar file and click "deploy". The new classes are
extracted ok and a new logfile is created (we have configured log
rotation in our environment.xml). However, the old log message is
written to the logfile - showing that Phoenix loaded the old classes
instead of the new ones.

Any ideas?

Ulrich

--