From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation Update
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 00:54:44 GMT
On Fri, 24 May 2002 00:55, Leo Simons wrote:
> > I just moved Phoenixs documentation to Anakia because I got sick of
> > waiting for someone else to fix our cocoon install.
>
> you mean it is broken as in "doesn't work"? (which is really bad)
>
> or that it is just a pain to work with (which is also bad, but less so)?

pain to work with.

Anakia Buildtime: 10 seconds
Cocoon Buildtime: 6 minutes

When changing xslt sheets I also ran into several intermittent problems that
resulted in Null pointers somewhere in the depths of Xalan which I could not
be bothered figuring out.

Velocity works and makes it easy to deal with subdirectories and all that jaz.

> I have decided not to try and "fix" cocoon until Centipede is
> installable (like ant is), rather than having to be included in CVS.
> This will hopefully happen with the next beta.

Well im going to be gradually releasing phoenix + cornerstone + some excalibur
bits over next bit. And unless cocoon has been made easier to work with I
will be switching them across to anakia.

> which isn't very good at all, of course...maybe I'll look into using
> what's in jakarta-avalon/proposal/site to do it...not sure whether
> that's a good idea tho'...

Its a great idea!!! The proposal looks much better than what we have now. I
just wasn't up to looking through the css stuff so I went with plain old site
;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald