From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using avalon components in Phoenix
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 10:29:42 GMT
On Wed, 22 May 2002 01:45, Andrei Ivanov wrote:
> 1. jars will go into SAR-INF/lib
> 2. configurations (*.xconf; *.xml; *.dtd) will be placed under into
> SAR-INF/classes or under SAR-INF if first variant will not work.
>
> My primary concern is about correct location for latter. Will those configs
> be found? Will they interfere with phoenix bootstrapping mechanism? Are
> there other ways to integrate avalon applications into phoenix (directory
> structure for sar file)?

It really depends on what you want to do. Personally what I do is create a
conf/ dir in my .sar file and then any config files (besides those used by
phoenix) rest in there.

Everything outside the SAR-INF directory will be extracted into your
applications home directory (accessible via the BlockContext). So you just
load the config files from the files relative to app directory.

If you want to use jars in writing Blocks then I would put them in SAR-INF/lib
but if you want to manually load them (for whatever reason) or create any
ClassLoaders etc then I would consider moving them into a dir like "lib/" or
something.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald