From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build phoenix src fail
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 03:17:29 GMT
On Fri, 17 May 2002 20:17, htm wrote:
> I have setup JDK1.3 in my computer, and set the JAVA_HOME value.
> And then I download the Ant 1.4.1, so I can execute the "ant" command.
>
> 	The problem is when I enter the phoenix source directory, and type
> "ant -projecthelp" or any ant build command, nothing displays expect
> a line shows that "Buildfile: build.xml". From the build.txt in
> the phoenix source directory, it says I should see a list of the Ant
> "targets" that represent different commands I could use to build.
> But no list shows to me. Can anybody tell me why?

It is probably something to do with a different version of ant or something.
Ant is supposed to print out all targets that have a descriptions. Below is a
sample run. Can you tell me what version of ant you are using ? (ie run ant
-version)

[peter@c16791 jakarta-avalon-phoenix]$ ant -projecthelp
Buildfile: build.xml
Main targets:

 all                generates the Phoenix distribution
 checkstyle         Checkstyle
 checkstyle-report  Generate Checkstyle Report
 clean              cleans up the created directories
 compile            compiles the source code
 dist               generates the Phoenix distribution
 dist-lite          generates the Phoenix distribution without the javadocs
 dist-lite-wrapper  generates the Phoenix binary distribution without the
javadocs and with wrapper
 distclean          cleans up all generated files and directories
 install            Install phoenix into phoenix.home
 main               generates the Phoenix distribution without the javadocs
 make-pdk           Generates the PDK distribution
 rebuild            Rebuilds Phoenix
 rmic               runs rmic on JMX Adaptor

Default target: main

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald